Friday, May 24, 2013

farmhouse.

So much is happening at the farm every single day. So fun and exciting!

We have been thinking about/planning for this little adventure for over 10 years. (I never knew WHEN it was going to happen, but knew that SOMEDAY it was going to happen.) I just realized that it was exactly a year ago tomorrow that I resigned from my job and we decided to uproot our whole world. Wow. So much has happened in 365 days. 


One of the things I love most about our house is the design/layout. Look at this craziness. You don't find houses like this in new developments. It's almost like an L shape. I love the uniqueness of it. 


My bathtub arrived. I had to try it out. It's not quite as big as I had originally hoped for, but the extra cost of a 6 foot tub was silly.

I can relax just as easily in a 5 foot tub. Right? =)

Two of the guys I've been spending a lot of time with lately. =) Nathan (on the floor) is our cabinet guy. He drew our whole kitchen layout on the floor with a big black Sharpie. 

We spent 2.5 hours (with the kids!) in his store today, finalizing all the cabinet and counter top decisions for the kitchen and the bathrooms. Holy cow, there are bunch of decisions. This is pretty close to what our kitchen cabinets are going to look like... (So pretty.)

We have shingles now! (Did you know there were 25 different color options for shingles, too?) So. many. decisions.

I'm still not sure about this whole "living in the country" thing. I like neighbors. (usually.) I like being 2 minutes from the grocery store. I like being able to walk places. (or just drive there really quickly.) I like the convenience of being in town. But this was the view out of our front door the other day... (absolutely zero editing on this picture. The sky was THAT blue and the grass was THAT green!)

I think I might get used to this country living thing.

4 comments:

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

You will LOVE it and you'll never look back! :)

Holly said...

I agree with Beki...

I thought I was a city girl/neighbor girl too -

now that they are gone I drive through neighborhoods and chills go down my spine -
too much energy not enough quite there.

Ben said...

It's beautiful! I love these updates. :)

Toni :O) said...

Your house is going to be SO gorgeous. I'm so very jealous that you get to pick out exactly what YOU want and not live with what someone else picked. I'll never have that dream come to life and it's kind of sad. I'm so happy that you two get to live your dreams so I'm living vicariously through you. :O) Amazing view too...wow, just stunning. I can already see you sipping your Dr. Pepper lounging on that beautiful front porch you'll have. Woot Woot!