35 things I've learned in the last 35 years...
1. Polka dots make me happy.
2. Love is a choice.
3. Physical touch is not my love language.
4. However... I love hugs from friends and family.
5. Cold sores/fever blisters = no fun.
6. Abreeva is crazy expensive.
7. I'm not a big fan of change.
8. God just did not make me to be a size 2, 4, 6 or 8. At least not after having 3 babies. Although I wish my double digits were a little smaller... I am content to be in double digits.
9. I do love coffee. Coffee with quite a bit of creamer. Creme brule' is my current fave.
10. I could eat cereal every day.
11. Feet are not that pretty. They are always prettier with painted toes.
12. Some friends are forever friends. Time and distance don't matter with these friends. (Thank you, God, for my forever friends!)
13. You are never too old to need your mom.
14. If mom isn't available... some aunts work well in her place. I have a few I could choose from. =)
15. I like lists. (Obviously.)
16. Lists are more fun when they are happy to look at.
17. Creating makes me happy.
18. I need to create more often.
19. Sincere compliments mean a lot.
20. Color makes me happy. My sister-in-law suggested we get a beige couch. I just laughed. =)
21. I still like to build with Legos.
22. Photos make me happy. I got my laptop in Dec. 2009. I currently have 24,918 photos in iPhoto. Pretty sure I need to learn to use my external hard drive.
23. Flowers make me smile. But not really roses. Daisies, tulips and daffodils will always make me smile the most.
24. I will never be a dog person.
25. I get my feelings hurt too easily.
26. Hot pads can burst into flame. (Just learned this one this past weekend...)
27. Things always look cuter stuck in a bucket or a jar.
28. 1st grade is my favorite age to teach. (Granted, it's the only age I've ever really taught... but I think it's my favorite.)
29. The people who created Pinterest were geniuses.
30. Praise and worship time will always be my favorite time at church.
31. Praise and worship time will never by my husband's favorite time at church.
32. I am a social introvert. I love to be around people, but I need alone time to recharge.
33. Alone time in my own house is amazing.
34. Being organized makes me happy. But I will never be as organized as I want to be.
35. I am blessed. So very blessed. I will be one lucky girl if God gives me another 35 years with this sweet family of mine.
p.s. Happy Birthday to you, too, Meggers! You are my favorite person to share a birthday with! =)