Tuesday, June 15, 2010

outside.

We are spending so much time outside since school got out. 
The kids are loving it. 
I don't really love that nightly baths are often needed now, though. (for the big two, anyway.) 
I've been trying to teach them how to shower by themselves. My thought was that it would make life easier for Corey and I. So far it's been stressful. (and has totally reinforced what I already knew... there is NO WAY Sophie could have been in my class. Would not have worked. ) 

But being outside together is fun... 



This little one wasn't too sure about the bubbles. She made this face whenever they came near her. 

Walking to Dairy Queen... 

6 comments:

Chad and Jody said...

walking to DQ is on our summer list. I'd rather walk from your house.

Anonymous said...

Your baby's face for the bubbles is the CUTEST!!

Anonymous said...

Just a note to let you know that both my 6 1/2 year old and 2/12 year old take showers. My youngest still takes them with me, but is learning and doing more on her own each time. My son started a few years ago and now we're just down to having to turn the water on for him. Just takes some time. We still have them do at least one bath a week to soak and play though. Just be patient with it, it's worth it!

Allen and Debby Graber said...

That photo of the slingshot - I half expected a broken window too! Josh had the same slingshot!

Toni :O) said...

Wow, that house across the street from you is gorgeous!!!

Brittany said...

the picture of gretchen is PRICELESS! I love how she thinks it is going to hurt or something!! ha!