Wednesday, October 22, 2014

twelve.

We had another special birthday at our house last week. (That's how my whole life seems to be right now... about a week behind.)

This girl is officially almost a teenager.  (Although it may have felt that way for a few years now.)

You finally got the cowboy boots you have been wanting since 1st grade. (You finally decided that pink wasn't the most practical color. These are brown. With a pink flower on the side. =) You love them.)

You are loving middle school this year! Your alarm goes off at 6:00 am and you get up on your own without any fuss. (Pretty sure you are the only earlybird in this family.) You ride the bus from home and get dropped off near my school each afternoon. The bus wasn't your favorite thing for awhile, but you've adjusted. It makes me happy that you love school so much! 

And we finally got the one thing we've been waiting on for 2 years... a sweet school friend. (You've had school friends since we moved here, but not like this.) A friend (and her family!) with the same values, beliefs, morals... we've been missing that. 

You and Taylor are a perfect fit. And that makes me so happy.

But this makes me happy, too...

I love that you and Abi have stayed so close... despite the distance between you. (And since you still require your moms to drive you places, I don't mind meeting up at an Olive Garden halfway!)

Happy 12 years to YOU, Miss Sophie!
We love you with all that we are! =)



2 comments:

Toni :O) said...

The photo of her opening her boots is PERFECT!! Made me smile and I guess you nailed it! Happy 12th Birthday to your lovely little gal!

Kristin said...

Love all the smiles on her birthday!