Saturday, March 8, 2014

first grade.

These little people make me smile. 


They also make me take ibuprofen and feel like I am talking to myself sometimes. (We're all ready for Spring Break!)


Making 100 pancakes for 100's Day! (To go along with the book, "The Wolf's Chicken Stew.")

100's Day collections...




3rd, 4th and 5th grade don't really celebrate 100's day like we do in K-1-2, so they come check out all our collections.


Celebrating Kansas Day! (I still find it interesting that no other state celebrates their "birthday" like we do...)


Making bread...




Their sunflowers make me happy every year...




We've had way too much indoor recess this winter. Wii Just Dance through Youtube has saved us several days...

We've also done some Cosmic Yoga Adventures! (Thanks so much for the idea, Laurie!) =)

Building towers at the end of our science unit on solids...



Valentine's Day...


They love to work with partners during math...


Oddly enough, our combination Pajama Day (school-wide for Dr. Seuss week) and Stuffed Animal Day (a reward they earned), was one of our calmest days last week...

(They were singing our "Twinkle Friends" song with their stuffed animals. Those animals danced quite a bit that day.) =)

These little people do make me crazy some days.
But they make me smile more often than they make me crazy.
I'll probably smile a little more, though, after getting through next week.
It's almost Spring Break! =)

No comments: