Wednesday, July 11, 2012

3 days.

More like 2.5, really. 
The kids are leaving Friday evening and the plan is that Corey and I will roll out of town with the giant UHaul on Saturday morning. 


I've packed a lot of boxes, but there is still a ton of stuff left to go.

And I might be at that point of "I feel so overwhelmed and don't even know where to begin, so instead, I'm just going to do nothing." Just maybe.

But my mom and dad are coming tomorrow, so I know that will help kick things into high gear around here.

We're trying to fit in playdates like crazy. (But there is one friend I can't get ahold of! I think they must be on vacation. Sad for my little guy. And it's a broken promise on my part. I hate that.)

We have crazy amounts of lists. Corey even grabbed my Summer Lists notebook last night and started one of his own.

Still one more big thing to cross off our list. Pretty sure God is teaching us patience and trust again. And we're doing pretty good. We both have our moments, though. There is still absolutely no doubt in my mind that this is His plan. I know that He is going to make it all happen and I do trust Him. But not knowing is hard. And having patience is hard.

Kids are still excited (Gretchen asks me all the time "How many minutes til we go to my new house?") but I've seen a bit of attitude and crankiness from the other two. And I know it's just because we're spending lots of time with friends and it's all sinking in.

I'm trying really hard to be patient and understanding, but considering the fact that I'm feeling sad and cranky and emotional, too... it's not always working so well.

I had my first real emotional break down last night. Which is pretty amazing that it took this long. And I managed to hold it together in front of my kids and I managed to pull myself together pretty quickly. But the big good-byes have started. More tears are coming, I know.

6 comments:

BlogMaster said...

ahhh...i can't imagine all the feelings and emotions that come with leaving your home and friends. Hugs to you!

Frau said...

This post made my heart ache for you. Leaving things/people that we love is so hard. In some ways (mostly logistically) I think this move has been easier than you ever imagined though, right? You're handling it like a Champ!!

Danielle said...

Breathe deep, sweet friend. God's got this one! I love you more than you'll ever know.

Anonymous said...

We just moved across town last summer, but it was still emotional for us because we were leaving my husband's former bachelor pad, the home we shared as newlyweds and the home we brought our tiny babies home to....hang in there! It's always hard to start a new phase of life but God will make it great!
Mrs. B.

Jenny said...

Good luck to you on your move! I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers & I'm sure everything will work out. :0)

Courtney said...

man...this is so big for you guys!