Tuesday, July 17, 2012

unexpected.

These past few days have included a few unexpected things. 
I expected to be walking around boxes for awhile. And I totally am. Boxes everywhere. 
This is one of the more organized areas. 


I did not expect the beautiful window treatments that my mother created for me. Beach towels, blankets and tablecloths. Super classy. There's even a fitted sheet stretched over a bathroom window.

I expected our good friends/neighbors to welcome us to the neighborhood, but I did not expect them to go so above and beyond. Truly. They have been amazing. Help moving, help with the kids, food, helping me organize my kitchen, everything. This awesome little welcome gift even includes cow salt and pepper shakers. So cute.

I expected that Gretchen would be my easiest to entertain child during all of this. She goes back and forth between the playroom and the bedrooms and stops here occasionally to color. So quiet, so sweet, just plays and plays and plays.

These two managed to pull it together today and knock off some of the drama and whining. There might have been some serious lecturing involved, but apparently it worked. Thank goodness.

Most of all, I did not expect this... a backhoe in my front yard. 


Digging a trench all across the yard, through the fence and around to the backyard.

But I definitely prefer this to the other option... no water. (Water main broke yesterday. Corey came to meet the plumber at 8:00 am (leaking sink and toilet) and there was water bubbling up from the sidewalk and driveway. Not good.) 

But the good news is... these guys were here first thing this morning (at one point I had 2 guys digging up the yard, 2 guys on the roof putting up new guttering and 2 guys in the basement). Water should be back on before the day is over and we should be able to sleep there tonight. First time! (So thankful for parents that live 4 blocks away and have comfy beds for all of us!) And more good news... since we are just renting right now, these bills don't come out of our wallets! Woo-hoo!

Enjoying the peace and quiet of nap/quiet time right now (at my parent's house). Off to dig my way through more boxes soon...

Thank you to all of you that have been praying us through this! We appreciate them so much!

5 comments:

Danielle said...

Once again, you're walking through this journey with such grace. You're amazing!

When did Gretchie grow up? She looks so grown up already!!

Toni :O) said...

Wow...no water...that's huge. SOOO happy for you that it's not coming out of your wallets...yay! Keep the faith and hoping things are back to normal soon for you all!

Rich and Carolyn Dewey said...

What a mess - in the middle of getting moved in! So glad you had a comfy place to stay. Bet you're going to love being close to parents!

Just take it one box at a time!

Mary said...

It's sad to see you gone! I wish I would have been able to come to your goodbye get-together. I saw Danielle at work yesterday and saw the awesome mug you made! I love the picture of your rental house. It's adorable. I can see why you picked it. :)

Courtney said...

i'm so so behind. just catching up on you....man, what a way to start off in your new home! yikes! {although my boys would have LOVED to watch that backhoe!}