Wednesday, June 6, 2012

lists.

You know I love lists. They help keep me sane. 
This is my main list for this summer... 

But I also have this. I decided my little green notebook just wasn't going to cut it this summer. There's just too much. 

We do have a summer list, but it's probably not going to be made into a cute poster this year.

Corey and I went through each room of the house, writing down all the little things that need to be done to have it sell-ready.

Some lists were longer than others. "Outside" was two pages. Ugh. Living Room is my favorite. Nothing on that one.

We've been working like crazy to try and cross things off the list. 3, possibly 4 people have already asked us about seeing our house. We think a couple of them are pretty serious. (Or as serious as you can be about a house you've never been inside.) We've got our fingers crossed, though and are wearing ourselves out with our multi-tasking.

We took the advice of a realtor and took on a quick bathroom remodel upstairs. New ceiling... new flooring... painting all the walls and trim... painting the cabinets. I've been in this little room, crawling around on top of things, straddling the pedestal tub and painting, painting, painting until the wee hours of the morning the last two nights. (fyi... we did not have this gold wallpaper. It was underneath the stuff I pulled off.)

We desperately need to go buy groceries and laundry detergent. Darn kids who still think they need to eat and have clean clothes to wear. (Gretchen thought it was hilarious to wear regular leggings to bed last night. She had no clean pajama pants.) Last time we went to Wal-Mart, this was the main thing on my list. Ibuprofen and caffeine are going to be my friends this summer.

Along with all this we have Lawson's first coach-pitch games... swimming lessons... dentist appointments... harvest... and Texas cousins in town for the one time a year we get to see them. Whew. Things like physical appearance, parenting and TV time limits have taken a backburner lately. (I might have gone to Sherwin Williams yesterday wearing inside out pants and an old t-shirt with baby wolves on it.) (And I might have called Jessi in the middle of the morning Monday, asking if Gretchen could come over. She requires more supervision than the other two and it just wasn't working well.)

But it's all good.
Only 1 emotional breakdown for me so far.
That in itself is pretty amazing.

9 comments:

The Boccias said...

I'm loving the shirt with baby wolves on it. Why don't I have one of those? :) Good luck with your lists. You are definitely busy! That's awesome you have so much interest in your house already!!

Melissa Jensen said...

You are me a few years back--but our home took 21 months to sell (HOPEFULLY that won't be your case and besides the market is better now with low interest rates) I will be thinking and praying for you and the hubby!! It gets so stressful!! Hugs, BIG hugs to you!!

Anonymous said...

Hang. In. There! Love your honesty!

Dawn Gross said...

Good luck with the move and checking off all those things on your lists (I love the post you linked to with your green notebook - I have the original post in my favorites!) ... exciting times can also be stressful - don't forget to take care of YOU!

Danielle said...

Love you, sweet, funny and honest friend!

Chad and Jody said...

I know you're not going to believe this, but this post made me tear up. Just thinking about all the things you have to do makes me tired and ache for you. I remember going through all of this a year ago. If you need anything, let me know. I can watch Gretchen sometime on a non-daycare day. Trey would love to have a friend over! Sophie and Lawesome would be welcome as well.

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

My little list making buddy...
You totally have teacher handwriting.

And if you need clothes, you can borrow some of mine. Or I can do a few loads of laundry for you. Seriously!

Love you.

Megan said...

Good luck!

Courtney said...

ok. i'm stressed out now :-)

deep breath. one moment at a time...