Monday, September 1, 2008

my plan.

My plan went something like this...

Leave my parents house a day before Corey and the kids. (Sorry, Jeanette, to miss out on another day with you! It sounds like the kids had lots of fun!)

Spend a quiet evening home alone with these goodies...


Slept late this morning...
and then spent 4 hours at school, trying to get rid of this...


and this...

and these. (I really only have 1 a day. I just don't recycle that often.)



When I left, my list looked like this...
not everything is crossed off, but I'm definitely feeling better.
Things are organized and lessons are planned. (for tomorrow, anyway. The rest of the week is in my head, just not on paper.)


And I still get to look at these pretty things on my desk all day. (Thanks Talby and Megan!)

My 1st day of school activity for the past 9 years...
completed on Day 8 this year.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i had no idea you had such a diet dr, pepper addiction! my high school english teacher, Mrs. Schirer always added a little RUM to hers to get through the day :) (which is probably why she isn't teaching anymore.....or alive for that matter)
sounds like you got a lot done, hope the stress level has receded a little.

Kristi said...

What about the 2 pieces on top of the puzzle. Do they not fit in? hehe

meg duerksen said...

you are welcome.

you are sneaky - i didn't even know you were here. :)

Amy said...

Kristi- I made this when we only had 18 kids in our class. I decorated a piece then, too. So yes, now every year there are 2 "secret pieces" that are the special ones. Those kids get a sticker. :)

Courtney said...

love seeing a classroom and all that goes with it! i was a teacher before i stayed home with my kids...