Thursday, September 4, 2008

first day of pre-school.

Yesterday was Lawson's first day of pre-school!
I took the morning off so I could take him and pick him up. (I really enjoyed our morning... sleeping until 7:00 instead of 5:45, leaving the house at 7:45 instead of 7:15... very nice.)

We took Sophie to kindergarten (and I peeked in at a few of my 1st graders... reminded them of my threats if they acted crazy for the sub) and then Lawson and I went on a date for breakfast!


How cute is he in his little backpack?


He had been asking me all week, "Are you going to stay with me for awhile?" I told him I would stay for a little while, but then I had to leave. "Will you play with me for a little while?"

I was a little worried, considering this is the little man who just recently stopped crying when it was time to go to the church nursery and Sunday School... which he loves... where he has been going for 3 1/2 years now. I wasn't sure how he was going to do today.

This was us playing... I stood nearby and took pictures. :)


After about 5 minutes I said it was time for me to go and used my classic, "Does Mommy get 1 hug or 2?" He gave me 2 big hugs and 2 kisses, and then started watching another little boy who was crying as his mommy left. (uh-oh) One of the teachers was holding on to him, hugging him and telling him all the fun things he was going to do. All of sudden, Lawson comes running after me, saying "Mommy! Mommy!" (here it comes...)



"I get to make a project!"

I gave him a big smile and a "Have fun!" and he ran off to play.

He had the best day!


But it was too sunny when I tried to take his picture with Miss Karri. :)

My little man isn't so little anymore.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad he liked it and stayed OK. I too was alittle worried about you leaving him.