Thursday, August 16, 2007

the first day.

* air conditioning not working in the K/1 wing. 20 busy little bodies generate a lot of heat.

* stabbed myself in the hand while helping a girl open her package of safety scissors (using my very sharp scissors)... led to an impromptu little lesson on "why we use scissors safely."

* had a live cicada thrust in my face as a kiddo rushed to show me his treasure at recess.

* 100* temperatures for recess.

* did I mention no a/c?

Hot day. Sweaty day. Busy day. But a good day. Lively bunch of kiddos. We will have fun.

Off to relax on the couch... and figure out what I'm teaching tomorrow. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lord have mercy!!! I can NOT imagine NOT having A/C!!! How did anyone concentrate? I cant even fathom 100 degrees without air. I personally cant fathom 90 degrees without air. I am soooooo sorry for your hard first day!