Thursday, June 23, 2011

blog books.

My 2010 blog books... 


Love, love, love them. Just as much as all my others. (I have 5 now.) I couldn't fit all of 2010 into 1 book. I reached my 440 page limit in October. I blame it on Miss Gretchen. Just too many blog posts about how sweet she is. (I had 100 more entries in 2010 than I had in 2009 or 2008.) So I made 2 books. Since our lives kind of work in "School Year" and "Summer" that was the logical way for me to divide it up.






I figured out this year how to design my own page layouts and I'm so glad I did. (It's super easy. I just never took the time to try and do it before. I wish I had! I loved being able to design just what I wanted!)




I order through Blurb.com
Zero complaints about them. I am 100% happy with everything.
It does take awhile if you design your own pages. I think I average about 1 to 1.5 hours per month.
But we have already spent so much time looking through them and remembering. (It only stresses me out when Gretchen is trying to turn the pages.)
All my other books have been right around $100.
My summer one is 190 pages, 570 photos and cost $56.75.
The rest of the year was 356 pages, 1050 photos and cost $79.95.

Totally worth it, in my opinion.

11 comments:

Holly said...

I sooo need to do this!

Brittany said...

What's your secret to designing your own pages? Did you figure out a short cut?

TheUnSoccerMom said...

SO very cool!!!!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

This makes me teary eyed! So beautiful. I really HAVE to do this. It might take 5 or 6 books for me... I've been blogging since 2006!

Jennifer said...

I am jealous every time I see these. I've got to get on the ball. Just maybe while I am on maternity leave I could get 1 year done! Love them

The Sieberts said...

jealous!!! i really need to do another one but sadly its not something i look forward to...yours look super cute!

Alyssa said...

love. I have got to get on this!!!

Toni :O) said...

Sooo awesome! I use Snap.fish for all of my photo books since I don't blog and it's so much fun putting those together. I'm a year behind but hope to catch up this summer! On the TO DO list for sure!

lindalou said...

your books are such a keepsake for the family...your sure on top of things like that! i'm impressed. :) blessings,

lindalou

Momma H said...

Your books are so much cooler than the old falling apart photo albums we have of our kids growing up. Wonder if I would have ever been talented enough to compile a real book out of them.
Great work, Amy!

Danielle said...

You're such an inspiration! I love your books. I could sit for hours and hours reading them. Thanks for sharing :)