Monday, June 13, 2011

almost done.

I said yesterday that we had one more area and two more cabinets to go through and then we would have done the entire house. Such an awesome feeling! 

We got the computer nook/area done. It's like a built in closet area and there are 3 big shelves like this above the computer. (and this is only half the shelf... it's a long area) Now clean and organized. (I didn't take a before picture, but trust me... it was a mess.) 

Across from the computer area is our pantry and a big coat closet, with 3 long shelves above it. It was crammed full of stuff. Now these 3 little baskets hold all the gloves, mittens, scarves and hats and the rest of this shelf is empty! And... in all my organizing, I never bought one container or basket or anything. I reused things we already had. I was pretty proud of myself for that, because I really like to buy cute baskets and organizery things. 

We found a couple dozen pairs of safety glasses in all our organizing... 

We even took on a project yesterday that wasn't on the list. Corey decided some of his toy tractors needed to live in the dining room in our Hoosier cabinet. So we did some rearranging and are selling several of my things that were living in here. 

Just one of the piles that went to the garage yesterday... 

I got one of the two cabinets done yesterday, but then had a disappointing moment. I realized I forgot an area. The desk area. It is a mess. It's kind of a catch all area for anything and everything. I know where most everything is, but it's a somewhat organized chaos. And even more disappointing... I am EXHAUSTED today. I feel like I've hit a wall. Corey is off on Fridays now, so we spent all 3 days this weekend going through stuff. We seriously got so much done, but wow. I am feeling it today. 

So I'm trying to find the motivation to tackle this mess. I didn't take any other "before" pictures, but I figured I would for these last two spots. Maybe that will help motivate me. So, the desk area... 

and our spice cabinet... (which holds a little bit of everything) 


and often times won't even shut all the way because there is so much stuff in there...

Hopefully this will help motivate me and I'll be able to show you "after" pictures in a day or two. But it won't be today. Today Gretchen is napping, Lawson and Sophie are having quiet time upstairs and I am going to throw in a load of laundry and then lay on the couch and watch something I have recorded on the DVR. And then I will cross it off my list. Because I have important things like "watch DVR" on my list.  =)

5 comments:

TheUnSoccerMom said...

Good job!!!

There are days I just want to put everything in one of those portable PODS and ship it off to the Salvation Army. :o)

Holly said...

I love that you have 'dvr' on your list.
If I had a dvr, it would be on my list too ;-)

good job!

Holly said...

Im jealous! Seriously You are welcome to come to Tn any time and help me out! You may be here a while though! ha!

Jenny said...

Looking at all of the organizing made me tired!! =0) Good luck on the last of your organizing!

Danielle said...

This is so silly, but your desk area is one of my favorite parts of your house. I think it's because I feel at home. and I love all the clipboards :)