Tuesday, August 10, 2010

school shopping.

I took each of the kids alone to buy school supplies. Our own little date. 
I had an appointment in Wichita, so Sophie and I had a little mommy/daughter day. 
Our first stop... Sugar Sisters



Salted Carmel for me and Strawberry for Sophie... 



She had brought her flower bank along with us and really wanted to buy something special at Target... with her own money! We counted it all after we ate our cupcakes. She had almost $15! (and a new Littlest Pet Shop "decorate your own bunny" now lives with us.) 


Lawson and I stayed here in town and bought his supplies at Wal-Mart. I set out my camera to bring with us and then forgot it!! But I got this picture with my phone. My little man... counting out 12 gluesticks for kindergarten. 

He was so excited to be getting his things for school! He kept grabbing things off the shelves... "a stapler! Do I need a stapler for kindergarten? Tape! Do I need tape?" I think he was most excited to pick out a lunch box. But he surprised me. He passed up a dinosaur one and a Spiderman one and was super excited to get a plain blue and black one. He's thrilled with it. 


(And a trip to the bathroom... because seriously, we can't take this kid anywhere without him having to pee while we're there.)

Only 9 more days until I send these little people off to school! 
Excited for them, but not quite ready for summer to be over! 

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I started this tradition last year, we call it our special day. I think it's a great way to get some one on one time with the kids. I was laughing at Lawson because Hayden did the exact same thing- he was really set on getting a clip board and a cool green file box- he tried to convince me he could put his school supplies in it:)

The Sieberts said...

where is this sugar sisters i always hear about? facebook me!

Toni :O) said...

We did the same thing today...oh joy!!! Still trying to figure out why my middle schooler needed 12 clasp folders and he'll need 18 next year! What???! Are there even that many subjects??? By the way, my daughter has the exact same bank as your daughter but Nina's is purple with a pink center! So cute!

Chad and Jody said...

This is a great idea- taking them out alone. I might have Nana take Gracie next week- a Nanna/Gracie day. That would make it special for her. I love Sophie's bank. It's so YOU!