Friday, October 11, 2013

top 40.

Top 40 things you should know about my favorite guy...

1.  We started dating when I was 17 and he was 21.
2.  My mom likes to say she "chose him" first.
3.  She kind of did. Kind of.
4.  We spent the first 3 years of our relationship living in separate towns. Towns that were hours apart.
5.  Twice a week, hour long phone calls were our routine. Calling each other after 10:00 pm... once long distance was free on my bag cellphone. (How old did I just make myself seem?!)
6.  We each have a box FULL of letters we wrote to each other during college.
7.  Most of the girls on my floor freshman year were jealous of those letters.
8.  He's always been handsome. Even when he bleached his hair and got an earring.
9.  He has a deep voice. Super deep. Johnny Cash deep.
10.  His voice makes me smile.
11. He can sing. Even though he thinks he can't. He really can.
12. He makes me laugh. Usually.
13. He tells me all the time just HOW funny he is.
14. All the people he works with tell him how funny he is.
15. He gets less funny the longer you live with him. =)
16. He's an amazing daddy.
17. I always knew he would be an amazing daddy.
18. He used to help me babysit my little neighbor kiddos when I was in high school and college. They loved him.
19. He's an amazing husband.
20. He cooks, cleans, washes dishes, does laundry, does baths and bedtimes.
21. I love that he does all those things.
22. Our little family wouldn't function nearly as well without him doing all those things.
23. He's got a temper. The Jones temper.
24. The Jones temper isn't my favorite thing.
25. My personality isn't always his favorite thing, either.
26. He can drive a tractor, a big truck, a combine, and pretty much any construction equipment. I think.
27. He's kind of a jack of all trades.
28. "Jack of all trades, master of none," is what he would say. =)
29. He underestimates himself. A lot.
30. Everybody likes him. He's just a likeable kind of guy.
31. He took up running a couple years ago and was running 3 or 4 miles in no time.
32. He gets a little crazy about the house being clean sometimes. Like right now.

** Insert 3 hour break to help clean up the kitchen... feed everyone... and watch a Friday Night Movie.**

33. He's such a hard worker. Seriously one of the hardest working guys I know.
34. He rarely complains about how hard he has to work. I know he gets tired of it and I know he feels like he can't ever get caught up on all the work he has to do, but he rarely complains.
35. He snores. Sometimes loud. (Like right now while he's sleeping all smooshed up on the loveseat.)
36. He doesn't eat peas. Or tomatoes. And wierd/fancy things aren't his favorite. He's pretty much a meat and potatoes kind of guy.
37. He likes to have his feet rubbed. His love language is definitely physical touch. Mine is definitely not.
38. He does great impersonations. From movies ("Slingblade" is probably his favorite) or real people.
39. He's 100% committed to me... to our marriage... and to our little family. I have absolutely no doubt of that.
40. He frustrates me... irritates me... and makes me roll my eyes quite often. But despite our differences, our many, many differences... he's still my favorite guy. For now and always.

And... he's 40 today.


Happy 40th, baby. 
You'll always be my favorite.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Happy Birthday to a swell Brother in Law!

Joke said...

Congrats to your husband!

sundancesally said...

Sweet!

Frau said...

Happy Birthday, Corey!! So glad Amy "snagged" you back in the day!