Monday, October 21, 2013

pajama party.

We only do "friend parties" every other year for our kids. I'm not really sure how we started that tradition, but it works for us. Last year at this time, I was barely keeping my head above water, so I was pretty relieved that it wasn't the year for a friend party. 

We talked about some different ideas for a party this year, but Sophie really had her heart set on a sleepover. Honestly, I'm not a big fan of sleepovers. Everyone comes home tired and crabby and no one likes tired and crabby. So we compromised with a pajama party. All the girls wore their pajamas... we decorated pillowcases... ate pizza... watched a movie... and drove everyone home when the movie was over at 9 pm. 


(Thanks, Mom, for sewing the pillowcases for me! You're the best!) =) 








Someone was pretty sad to be trapped in the mudroom and missing out on all the fun... 

Sophie's requests were pretty simple. She wanted to eat pizza... drink pop (with mustache straws) and watch Monte Carlo.

She really wanted some of the crunchy cake toppers that were shaped like mustaches (I have no idea why...) but we couldn't find any. (The night before the party when I was finally shopping for party supplies...) so we bought some black gel frosting and she made her own. 


We took a break halfway through the movie for opening gifts and having cupcakes...




I love that these two are still best friends, despite our move. I hope they always will be. (And not just because Abi still needs her mom to drive her up here to visit. That's just a nice little bonus for me.) =)


Happy birthday, sweet girl. You're my favorite 11 year old. =) 

No comments: