Sunday, March 13, 2011

please pray.

Remember when I asked for prayers for Britton? She still hasn't had her surgery. Soon. 
Tonight I'm asking for prayers for Britton's sweet little neighbor... Betsy Kate. 
Betsy's mommy, Sara, grew up 2 blocks from me. (She's Sarajane now, but she'll always be Sara to me.) :) Now she lives across the street from my sweet friend, Danielle. Sara and I spent hours playing together when we were growing up. And we really played. No TV, video games or board games for us. We were a couple creative little girls, let me tell you. 

Sara is now an amazing mommy to 3 sweet, sweet little ones. She is a hilarious story teller. I'm not sure if her life is just crazy funny, or if she can just make everyday things funny. Either way, she's so much fun to be around. I think Ella Kate takes after her mommy. She's a pretty creative little devil. 

Max is just crazy cute. 

And this is Miss Betsy... 


Miss Betsy needs some serious prayers. On Friday an object fell and crushed her eyeball. Surgeons performed a 4 hour surgery Fri night/Sat morning at Children's Mercy and were able to reconstruct the eyeball, using 31 stiches and reattaching numerous muscles. They are not sure about vision in the damaged eye, but reports are not good. Her parents are guessing at this point that only God can restore her vision in her left eye, but they are so, so thankful that He was protecting their baby girl. Betsy could have easily been killed or had serious skull or brain damage.

Sara said that today the swelling went down and she opened both eyes. The injured eye was moving in unison with the other eye... which is nothing short of a miracle. It was a very encouraging day for them. Betsy also started to eat better and her pain control was finally managed.

Tomorrow morning at 7:30 they will do an exploratory surgery to make sure that the eyeball has stayed together and is not losing fluid. They will do additonal stiches or repairs if needed. Zack and Sara's main prayer request right now is that her eyeball is still intact and they will not have to remove it completely. There are several more surgeries in the future. She will have another surgery in 2 weeks to remove the stiches. Also after tomorrow they will be able to asses the full extent of the damage and figure out where to go from there.

Will you pray for Betsy? And her mommy and daddy?
Pray for the surgeons, doctors and nurses?
Pray for Max and Ella Kate as they are away from home and away from their mommy and daddy?
(Maybe pray for Aunt Katie, too, since she's now in charge of 5 kids under the age of 6.)



"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." 
Philippians 4:6-7

Thinking of you so often, Sara! 
Much love and prayers headed your way... 


10 comments:

Christina said...

I will pray! What a thing to happen and yet as you point out how amazing something much worse didn't happen. What beautiful children...may this family know the peace that comes supernaturally! Praying right now.

Brittany said...

Prayers for sweet little Betsy. She is just precious and I'm sure her mommy and daddy are so scared right now. I'll pray for strength and for discernment on her health and decisions that are to be made tomorrow and the weeks to come. I keep starring at her picture......beautiful.

Please keep us up to date on how she is doing.

Jenny said...

Poor little baby! I will keep her and her family in my prayers. Please keep us updated.

Alyssa said...

I never knew they could even do something like this. Sweet baby. Will pray for her.

TheUnSoccerMom said...

Praying for sure!

Kelly said...

I will keep the family in my prayers and know that Katie is doing a wonderful job with her neice and nephew! God Bless!

Melissa said...

That is so sad- please keep us updated. I will be praying!

Danielle said...

We're praying at our house. May the healing balm of the Holy Spirit touch sweet baby Betsy's eye that even the doctors are amazed at the miracle happening in this baby. In Jesus name.

Amanda said...

thanks for sharing this - I will be praying! I just read the update - Praise God! I cannot even imagine sending my little baby in for surgery like this!

Anonymous said...

Can you give an update on this precious girl?