Thursday, March 31, 2011

they make me laugh.

Random things heard in 1st grade lately...

*  Animals who sleep during the day and are awake at night are eternal.

* Baby bears are called pugs and baby pigs are called snorks.

* "Did you know your eyes are connected to your brain?" (said as he is staring all creepily into my eyes.)

* My dad's girlfriend said if we touch her Funyuns, she's going to break our fingers.

* When I answered, "I'm not sure," to a question... "Well, come on. Aren't you supposed to be like the smartest one here?!"

* "I heard the VCU (team that beat KU) coach say that they only people he cares about is his team!" (said with a look of shock and disbelief... I guess our class rule "We Care About Each Other!" has made an impact on him.)

6 comments:

sarajane said...

the funyuns comment is my favorite. hilarious.

Anonymous said...

What's up with that VCU coach, anyway :)

great post.

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

"My dad's girlfriend said if we touch her Funyuns, she's going to break our fingers." ... Hilarious!!

I should be afraid of what my kids say about me at school.

Alyssa said...

not sure what a funyun is, but I dont' think I want to know!

Jenny said...

Ha ha ha! Too funny! (and now I'm a little but scared about what my kids say at school...ha ha) :0)

Danielle said...

The highlight of my day is the 10 minutes I get to spend in your classroom. Your kiddos make me laugh! (I may need to check on Hannah's and Eli's teachers to see what they blog - yikes!)

I agree with the others - the funyons comment is the best!