Saturday, December 15, 2012

decorating the tree.

{The tree has been up for a couple weeks now. I'm just behind on life right now.}

It did take us awhile to decide where to put the tree this year, though. A vote may have been involved. There were serious concerns about people not being able to tell we celebrate Christmas if the tree wasn't by the window. Especially since Daddy didn't put up outdoor lights this year. And there may have been a bit of drama about 1/3 of the lights not working. Sophie comes by her overreacting naturally. (And it's not from her momma.)  =)









Those moms that have trouble letting their kids decorate the tree... they need/want ornaments spread out and the tree looking perfect... that's obviously not me. =) I tied on the ribbons. That's become my official job each year.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks wonderful!

Melissa Jensen said...

I love the look!! I am so bad at decorating the tree, so letting Landrey do it is probably best;) Oh I got the biggest kick out of the Last pic:) The peace sign. Tell her she is so cool.

Toni :O) said...

What sweet photos! Love the last photo of them. God bless you all this holiday season...after yesterday my appreciation for you and all teachers continues to take on new meaning.

Amanda said...

I don't have a pretty tree at all! The kids did most of it. And sometimes I've added something else, but I didn't even do that this year and we have not near enough lights on it, so it doesn't look great at all, but I still like it and so do the kids! I will NEVER need to have a pretty tree - and I'm SOOO glad for that. It's nice to have something I don't feel the need to put a lot of effort into. I think yours looks great STILL!

Chad and Jody said...

The tree looks great! Cute kids in the front of it too

Mrs. E said...

Adorable! (And Sophie really is an actress, isn't she?!!)