Saturday, July 30, 2011

random.

I took 4 kids to a nearby spray park and was excited to only see a few other people there... then we saw the sign that said it was closed due to water restrictions. Bummer.

Luckily, there is a fun park right beside it... 




But since it was 102* and there was absolutely no shade, we didn't last too long. We headed home for our pool after about 30 minutes.

Building couches and watching Elf. Our activities are limited when it's 112* outside. Seriously. It has been crazy hot.


 Daisies and Dr. Pepper... two of my favorite things.

She'll tell you she's eating ice cream, but it's really just ice. She still refuses to even try ice cream. Crazy baby.



A lunch picnic watching 101 Dalmations...

Our sweet neighbor, Amy D. spent 3 weeks in Maine with her best friend. Poor Marley had seriously started to slip into a depression, I think. She was crazy happy when Amy got home and came over to visit. At one point she had both paws wrapped around Amy's legs... just holding on to her.

Miss Amy spoiled the kids with some super fun gifts (and some yummy gummy lobsters, since she knows I won't touch the real ones!)




Lawson found an old "Wiggles" coloring book the other day. Gretchen was thrilled. The Wiggies are her absolute favorite. (She claps and and does her crazy little skip/hop when we put in a DVD.)


Candyland on the front porch. (Mommy may or may not have banished all children from the house...)

12 days until I am due back at school. I can't say that I'm ready, but I know it will be good for all of us. We don't do well with a lack of structure and routine for too long. I haven't felt like a good mommy lately. Too little patience... too much losing my temper... too much grouchy mommy. I think we're all tired of grouchy mommy.

4 comments:

The Sieberts said...

oh! i'm so glad you posted about Hesston. we were thinking of going there next week!

Amy said...

That was a week ago, I think?? The sign said they were only open from 3-9 pm. Since it was 10 am, we didn't feel like sticking around. :)

Holly said...

wow...112? it has been in the upper 90s here in Tn but it is so humid it is miserable to be outside!

Danielle said...

I know school will be good for all of us too but I'm just not ready. There are still a few things on our summer bucket list. Love you, my friend!