Tuesday, October 19, 2010

earrings.

Sophie has been wanting her ears pierced for awhile now. For her birthday, I wrapped up a card that said, "You are going to look so pretty with your ears pierced!" 


She had been preparing herself for a few days, but her nerves still got to her when we actually sat down. It took her about 10 minutes of sitting here in the chair, getting pep talks from me, the Wal-Mart lady, and two random shoppers who walked by. I really wasn't sure if she was going to go through with it.






Just ignore the tired eyes... I spent all day at the pumpkin patch with some very energetic first graders!  

During one of my pep talks I had promised her that by the time we got to the van (after buying strawberries) that they would have stopped hurting. She told me right before this picture that they didn't hurt anymore. See that jewelry in the back? We're like 5 feet away from the chair.

She's planned a hot pink outfit to wear tomorrow and she wants her hair in pigtails. :)

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I didn't know WalMart pierced ears.
My daughter almost fainted after she got her ears pierced. It scared me!! I'm glad your duaghter did so well. :)
xox
cheryl

flower power momma said...

GREAT JOB Sophie! You look cute. I know it was kind of scarey, but that only lasted for a little bit. Now you have lots of days and years to wear earrings. YIPPEE AND HOORAH!!

(p.s. You are much braver than me. I was 22 years old before I had mine done.)

amy said...

how fun! maddy is getting her ears pierced next week... any tips? is she doing okay with the daily upkeep and turning? congrats, sophie & happy belated birthday! :)