Sunday, April 26, 2009

today.

My day was going much better,
until I was backing out of our driveway and did this...







And then fell down our front porch steps in the pouring rain after I came to get Corey.
Did you know it was possible for someone's rear end to swell?
I didn't really know that was possible.
But it is.
My butt is swollen.
And there is a pretty nasty bruise where I hit. Hard. 4 times. (4 steps)

The very nice black Jeep that I crunched had no visible damage.
If you really looked you could see a dent in his side door.
I put a note in a Zip-Loc bag (since it was pouring rain) and he came to our door a couple hours later.
He was very nice. Very, very nice.
He gave us his card and we'll have our insurance guy contact him tomorrow.

It could have been worse. Much worse.
Thankful that it wasn't.
Thankful that the only thing that was hurt (besides my butt) is my pride.

I texted my friend (that I was supposed to be picking up to go to Sonic) and said, "I just hit a car and fell down the stairs. I'll call you later." She called right away to see if I was okay and then came over... to bring us dinner. This is my friend who just had a baby two weeks ago. My friend that is a new mommy of three. And she is bringing me dinner. As I'm asking her, through tears, why she is bringing us dinner, she says because she knows I am exhausted and frustrated and she knows what it's like. She was making this dinner for her family anyway, so she just made a double batch.

Love her.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that bumper's been replaced before??

Aaron and Shannon said...

Oh Amy. I'm so sorry things have not been going well. I think you deserve a "mental health day" tomorrow! This might make you smile...imagine coming home during the storm and seeing a huge swing set smashing my fence to the ground! What a mess!

Courtney said...

oh, friend! i'm so sorry!!!

Allen and Debby Graber said...

So now you're swollen in the front and the rear? I'm so sorry! Allen's mother fell off her porch (3 steps) onto her tummy when she was 8 months pregnant carrying Allen! Luckily, he was not hurt. Mom sure was worried though!

I backed out of our garage one time and ran right into our other car that was parked in the driveway. Dumb things happen.

Anonymous said...

Hope your butt is ok. And I'd make dinner for you anytime.

love you too

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Ohmygoodness, you poor thing with your swollen butt! ;-)

What a day.

Good friends are priceless.

Frau said...

Aim - sorry you had such a rough day. I'm glad you've got friends who are there to pick you up...hugs =)