Sunday, April 5, 2009

dancing.

Saturday morning, all the ballet classes from Angel Feet performed their recital dances at a nursing home near the studio. Fun for the residents, and a nice little practice for nervous ballerinas.

I got to attempt my first bun in this baby fine hair. Some gel, hairspray and lots and lots of bobbypins... but it held. (even in the 40 mph wind!)


I watched the classes that danced before Sophie's group and marveled at all the different faces. Concentration... nervous... smiles... serious faces... and I wondered about Sophie.
She's a pretty shy little thing. She doesn't like to be the center of attention. She's not very comfortable around strangers.
I wondered how she would look.
Nervous? Stone faced? Scared?
None of these would have surprised me.

This not only surprised me,
it brought tears to my eyes...


That smile.

Most of my pictures were out of focus, but even through the blur, that smile is constant.


She looked like she was having so much fun!


The costumes were adorable.
The dance was sweet.
But that smile was my favorite part.
To see her out there... dancing away... truly enjoying herself.
Absolutely priceless.

8 comments:

Marc, Sarah, Luke, and Kate said...

You're right, Amy. That smile is sweet and adorable. Your photos are definitely keepers forever.

Holly said...

what a pretty pretty pretty little girl!
LOVE LOVE the costumes!

Allen and Debby Graber said...

What joy in dancing for Jesus! What age do they start that at?

Courtney said...

i love how you captured her smile! those dresses are precious!

Amy said...

The Cherubs class starts the year before Kindergarten. We love Miss Dunri! :)

amy said...

Sophie is beautiful!

hugs,
amy

Frau said...

Amy - you can definitely see that she is loving what she is doing...Maren's recital isn't until the end of May - wondering what kind of performance it will bring. She loves it, but dances to "express herself" if you know what I mean - sometimes it's the routine...sometimes not!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Amy, those pictures are PRECIOUS!!