Tuesday, August 28, 2012

still here.

I'm still here.
Still managing to keep my head above water.
Some days it's harder than others. =)

The kids are doing great.
Gretchen has stopped crying at daycare.
Lawson has made some friends and runs around like crazy at recess.
Sophie loves her teacher and her class. She made friends on the first day.
They are both doing great in school and all the staff tell me how sweet they are.

My class is great. Kids are the same here and there.
It's just everything else that is different.
Way more paperwork/grade entering/record keeping and way less plan time to do it in.
I don't love that.

Change is just hard. Really hard sometimes.
And we've had so much change. So, so much.

But we're doing okay.
Missing our old life... especially after we went back for a visit this weekend.
But also knowing that this life will be really happy someday.
Hopefully someday soon.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Glad to hear from you!! It will get easier :)

flower power momma said...

it is good to hear the kids are adjusting better. soon the mom will too. one day at a time...

rentz said...

I wondered if coming back here would make it harder. But I'm so glad you did! :)

Danielle said...

I'm with Gina, so glad you came back for a visit! Abi has talked about Sophie everyday this week. I guess we'll have to get together again, SOON!

Kara Janzen said...

Oh my Amy! I remember how HARD it was to go back to Newton after we moved here! I obviously loved going back and seeing all my friends but it made me miss it so much! I remember even asking my mom once about when I won't want to cry every time I come back to NE! :) It has most certainly gotten easier and this is home now...but even now, four years later, there's still a part of me that misses life in Newton and I kind of wonder if it will always be that way. But I'm thankful that this is now my home and at some point you will be calling your place home as well!