Monday, March 30, 2015

family party.

This was our year for just family birthday parities. (I seriously think doing friend parties every other year is one of the best parenting decisions I ever made. Some years I just can't handle the stress of one more thing. This would have been one of those years. Amazing how God always works it out that way.) 

Grandma and Grandpa, Grandma Jones and Uncle Casey were all here to help us celebrate our favorite 10 year old. 


He started reading "The Hunger Games" series earlier this month. Sophie pitched in for one book and my parents got him the whole series. (And I might have been in favor of it to make it easy for me to read them again.) =)

Lawson made a poster for everyone to sign in when the arrived. Grandpa's was my favorite. =)

Although Gretchen's card was pretty fabulous, too. He is a good pig broter. =)

This gift was by far the favorite... (he's reading the return address here...)


That's a Powercat on the card...

And the words "Kansas State University..."


Doesn't get much cooler than a birthday card and personal note from Bill Snyder himself. (The head football coach for K-State, for those of you not from around here.) Hugely popular, highly respected and just an all around class act. I don't think I've ever heard one negative word about Coach Snyder.

{I've challenged Lawson to memorize all of these.}






So much fun to spend the evening celebrating YOU, Lawson!

No comments: