Sunday, November 16, 2014

shooting.

This table doesn't look like much fun to me. But to my husband... this was the perfect way to spend some time on his birthday. 
(Over a month ago... Yes. I'm behind.) 


These boys were both going to be participating in a kids shooting event through a local Pheasants Forever group. So it was practice/teaching for them. And fun for the daddies.

And this momma. Who is way more woman than I'll ever be. She even has her own gun. And she knows how to use it really well.







I was perfectly content to just hold my camera. I'm not much of a gun fan. But... since it was this guy's birthday...

This happened... 


I did eventually hit the target. One that is sitting still there in the grass. Not flying through the air. I think it took me 4 tries? Not too bad for my first time ever shooting something besides BB gun.

Even Sophie decided to give it a try...


She hit the target on her first try. =) Daddy was pretty proud.

It wasn't my favorite. It did feel good to hit the target (finally.) but it's probably never going to be my thing. And I'm okay with that. My arms feel more natural with something like this in them...  =)

But don't go trying to break into our house or anything, bad guys.
Because I do know how to load the thing now.
And I do know how to shoot it.
And I just might hit you. Maybe. =)

No comments: