Thursday, July 18, 2013

road trips.

I'm usually not much of a road trip girl. Riding in the car for too long usually makes me sleepy. Who wants to road trip with someone who is sleeping? 

But somehow... I've found myself on two road trips this summer. Crazy. 

{Sorry for the grainy pictures. I didn't take my good camera for either trip.}

Road trips are more fun when they are with someone that you can spend HOURS talking to! Especially if it's someone that you used to talk to nearly every day and now you don't see each other nearly enough.

We may have planned this little trip a few days in advance. (At least me being a part of it was only planned a few days ahead of time! Brookie's camp in Chicago had been planned for quite awhile.) We drove her the 10+ hours there, spent the night with Gina's cousins and then drove back the next day. 

This may have been part of the incentive for going along... {my first visit!}

Don't you think we need this light at the farmhouse? Doesn't it just look like me? =)

I like this one, too, but knew Corey would never go for it...
 So much fun to get to spend so much time with my sweet friend! One of my favorite parts was when we were 20 minutes from my house and Brookie said she was already bored with us. Pretty sure we enjoyed the 10+ hour drive more than she did. =)


Last weekend, I road tripped with my mom! I get to see and talk to my mom all the time now, but it's rare that we get time alone together. Those darn kids, thinking they need time with their grandma. =) We made the same trip last year, delivering 1/2 side of beef to my sister's family. My aunt's house outside Dallas is a perfect meeting spot for us.

I was excited (and Corey was a bit jealous) knowing that being at my aunt's house on a Saturday night would mean another visit here...
{We're thinking that next year, Corey and I will make the road trip so that he can go!}


This guy made me wish Corey was here! He did a "Slingblade" impersonation that Corey does all the time. I knew it would have made him laugh. 



And... since we were only 14 miles away, we decided it was time for mom to make her first visit here...
 {again... lousy pictures, but it was raining and I was driving. Not the best combination.}

We lined up with all the people, waiting for them to open their doors... 

We opted to not get a cool farmhouse sink like this one when we were designing our kitchen, since they were so expensive. Too bad Corey doesn't like IKEA. This price is about $600 less that what our kitchen guy quoted us. Bummer.

So I'm officially an IKEA fan now. My mom is, too. I found all kinds of fun things and only spent $40 each visit. Pretty good, I thought!
Now to see if I can get Corey there someday...


8 comments:

Joke said...

How on earth did you not go to IKEA till recently? :)

The Sieberts said...

i want a sink like that too! love Ikea.

Corey said...

Should have bought the sink. I would have made it fit.

Amy said...

The closest IKEA is a 6 hour drive. So sad.

amy said...

KC is getting an IKEA in 2014!!! Cannot wait!!! Love the pic of you with your hair down...you always have it pulled back. super cute! XOXO

Danielle H. said...

Well, shoot! You were in my hometown of Wylie AGAIN! I meant to email you and tell you to let me know if you planned on coming this way. Maybe next year! IKEA is the best, isn't it? I go to the one in Frisco quite a bit. Loved seeing your pics! We need an updated house tour - I'm betting lots of changes have taken place since the last one you posted!

Hugs from Texas,
Danielle

Amy said...

Danielle H... I actually thought of you on our drive down there and that I should have emailed you! But, since I'm not cool enough for a smartphone, I was out of luck. You clearly need to start spending more time at the Opry! :)

Amy said...

And... house pics coming soon! We got cabinets yesterday! :)