Sunday, September 9, 2012

weekend progress.

This was all actually accomplished last weekend. 
During my crazed attempt to organize this house. 
Apparently I'm running about a week behind on everything in my life right now. Seriously. 

Craft room before... 

Craft room after... 

Playroom before... 

 Playroom after... 
This was actually all Sophie's doing. She can be a great little cleaner when she wants to be. She does like things clean and having empty floor space. But she's a great little "stasher," too. I remind her often that picking up means putting something where it actually goes, not just sticking it somewhere. (Ex: look under the art table...)

I really do love this space and am so glad we have it. 
(Although I do need to figure out an alternative to the giant mural on the wall...)


Spray painted a frame and finally got my happy little print displayed. I really love it. And it's the perfect reminder for me right now. This is HOME. It might not feel like it right now, but it is.

I have it hanging in my laundry room (right off the kitchen... which I love!) along with one of my favorite pictures of us on our honeymoon. I envisioned framing this in a white frame, with a fun, colorful mat. But white frames don't look good on white walls. (All these white walls might be getting to me a bit. I miss my colorful walls.)

My happy little laundry room. This is the first time I've ever had laundry on the main floor and seriously... I am loving it. I am way more efficient with laundry now. (Plus... our basement is a tiny bit creepy. So I'm thankful I don't have to go down there every time I do laundry.)

Wishing this was a 3 day weekend.
I hate feeling behind already on a Sunday evening. Blah.

4 comments:

Toni :O) said...

Love the organization but I too feel your pain about being behind already and this week and next week are going to be two veryyyy looonnng weeks...ugh! Let's hang in there and just breathe...we'll make it! At least that is what I keep telling myself. God bless!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

It looks amazing!
We've been in our house over 2 years now and I don't think I'm that organized yet. ;-)

Embrace the neutral walls! I used to love the colorful ones too, but in this new house I'm learning to love the crisp bright backgrounds... Change out the accessories and add lots of color. It makes them pop!

Danielle said...

It looks so bright and happy!! I LOVE your "home is" print. And that laundry room is to die for. I'm totally jealous!

Kristin said...

Yeah!! Looking good! Wish I could come up and give you a hand.