Friday, February 3, 2012

grandpa.

I'm pretty sure they will always remember, but just in case... 

Sophie and Lawson have a grandpa that can't usually make it to their Saturday sports games. Too many surgeries and Grandpa is too good at what he does. So instead... Grandpa comes to their practices. He drives an hour... one way... to watch a 45 minute practice. Then sometimes stays to eat dinner with us (when Mommy is organized enough to have it already cooking before practice). Then drives an hour back home... after dark. Just because he cares. And he wants them to know he cares. 

What lucky little kids. 










7 comments:

Brittany said...

i LOVE that you are capturing this and reminding the kids how much he loves them:))))

Melissa said...

He hasn't changed a bit! The kids are lucky to have him!

Marc, Sarah, Luke, and Kate said...

That's awesome he does that! Though Luke's not in a bunch of activities yet, his grandfather (my dad) has made numerous short little trips to Newton to watch him at church, parks, etc....And, I too hope Luke really appreciates it. I'm sure your kids appreciate it now, but like all of us, they probably won't fully appreciate it until they're older.

Frau said...

Sweet post! Sweet Grandpa!

Jenny said...

Aw! I loved this post! What a wonderful thing to be able to look back on. :0)

Danielle said...

Ok, I'm all teary now. I love your daddy! The picture of him standing at the fence is my favorite. I've already asked Sophie and Lawson if your folks will make it to goodies with grandparents at the school. Kinda funny that I've already told Mitch I hope they can make it :) You all are soooo lucky to have him.

Jodi@ underthegeorgiasun.com said...

love this. :o)