This my desk on a typical day at school. Actually this is fairly organized for me. It's amazing to me that I can love organization so much and have parts of my life that are so much in order... and then have other areas that look like this. All the time. It's kind of an organized chaos.
1. My lesson plan book.
2. My morning coffee. (or my morning cream with coffee) =)
3. The cute polka dot water glass that I drink out of the rest of the day.
4. A notebook full of notes from when my mentee and I observed another teacher across town.
5. The reflection pages we filled out as part of the mentor program. (They may or may not have been turned in a couple days late.)
6. Franklin video (that Sophie and Lawson watched after school one day.)
7. My id badge/key
8. A book that needs returned to another teacher.
9. A super cute (and detailed) ceramic box that my mother-in-law made me when I first started teaching.
10. Math assessment notebook.
11. Funny glasses that Lawson got from somewhere.
12. Hand sanitizer. (that I use all the time)
13. Stories written by my students.
14. Bracelet that I wore to school that day.
15. An extra Scholastic News (my class worked on this with the sub while I went to Author's Tea)
16. Plastic cup full of tongue depressors with my student's names on them.
17. Another cute polka dot glass (it used to be my daily Diet DP glass. Now it only gets used occasionally.)
18. A Spongebob glasses case that belongs to either Fernando or Misael. I'm not sure which. The other case is buried in here somewhere, too.
19. Books about US symbols (because I rememebered a couple weeks ago that I was supposed to teach my students about them.)
20. The three cutest kids around.
21. Random number assessment (that needs to be put away in my assessment kit)
22. Read aloud books to teach about the author's purpose/lesson. A hard concept for 1st graders! (but one that is assessed.)
23. Part of our new math curriculum (no comment.)
24. Math papers that need graded and/or recycled. (I think I recycled them)
25. A note from 2 years ago: Mrs. Jones she is my faborite techer.
26. Phone. (That I have to check every time someone asks me what my room number is. I still can't remember. I was in 144 for 10 years, and 191 is just hard to remember.)
In 3 more days, though, the top of my desk will be empty. (pretty much)
So, so excited for that day!! =)